- Special adolescent care clinics
- Special adolescent follow-up
- Adolescent Immunization
- Adolescent counseling
- Adolescent guidance clinic
- Platelet Count
- Blood Grouping & Typing
- Australia Antigen
- Hb Electrophoresis
- Malarial Antigen
Dr. Bodhankar Children Hospital
Offers comprehensive pediatric care
It is a matter of pride & privilege to notice that Dr. Uday Bodhankar has contributed immensely for the welfare of children & mothers ever since his early professional career for more than 40 years as evident from his curriculum vitae.
Dr. Bodhankar has excelled all through his academic career, and keen to ensure that all children must enjoy a good quality of life through better neonatal & childhood care. He strived hard as a Pediatrician and as a social worker.
In those various vital positions that he held & currently holding, he has not only promoted child health Care & maternal care but also strived hard for the welfare of under privilege (BPL) community. The health scenario of maternal & neonatal care is extremely vital to control the staggeringly high neonatal mortality in developing countries, including India.
Through his current position EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Commonwealth Association for Health & Disability (UK), he is in a position to assist more than 54 commonwealth countries especially the developing ones all over the world, in controlling birth asphyxia that is a leading cause of neonatal death & morbidity.
Till now over a period of 40 years he has organized various National and International Workshops related to Newborn & child health and disability with the help of WHO, UNICEF, Ministry of Health, Govt of India, and in collaboration with USA universities like UIC Chicago and with the University of Sydney Australia.
He has been awarded the outstanding pediatrician of Asia award in China in Oct. 2009, being the First Indian child specialist to have this highest Asian unique honor of being selected from 23 Asian countries of the world for his distinguished service for the welfare of newborn and children of Asia.
He has been the first pediatrician from Asia, who has the rare distinguished honor of being invited by Her Majesty the Queen of England at Buckingham Palace, London and was honored by Queen Elizabeth as the first Asian secretary-general of Commonwealth Association for Health & Disability (UK) on 28th April 2009.
Honorable President of India her Excellency Dr. Smt. Pratibhatai Devising Patil also complimented Dr. Uday Bodhankar for his outstanding child welfare work.
He has been Co-Author and contributor to many textbooks in pediatric and neonatology like “ Rational Pediatric Practice “ an official publication of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics – a recognized referral book for practitioners.& contributed many articles related to child health in regional and National/International News Papers and Periodicals.
About Dr. Bodhankar
Dr. Bodhankar has contributed immensely to the welfare of children & mothers ever since his early professional career more than 30 years ago. He has excelled throughout his academic career and is keen to ensure that all children must enjoy a quality of life by better neonatal and childhood care. He strived hard to become a leading Pediatrician of the World and a social worker.
He not only promoted child health care & maternal care but also worked towards the welfare of under privilege communities for promoting better health care to the masses.
- RMO in Pediatrics – Mumbai – Two years ( Feb. 1978 – March 1980)
- Lecturer in Pediatrics – GMC, Nagpur – Six & half years (7/1981 –1/1988)
- Hon. Associate Prof. Pediatrics – IGMC, Nagpur – Five years (7/1999 –6/2004)
- Hon. Prof. of Pediatrics – IGMC, Nagpur – Five years (June 2004 – June 2009)
- Adjunct Associate prof. pediatrics – Sydney University -seven years( 2010 – 2017)
- Chairman – Indian College of Maternal & Child Health Pediatric( 2000 -2016)
- Nodal officer for RCPCH DCH UK India since 2017 -19
- Honorary professor of IMA -India (2019 – 21)
- Indian Pediatrics – Publication of IAP.
- Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics – Publication of IAP.
- National neonatology forum journal – Publication of NNF.
- Pediatrics – American Academy of Pediatrics. (USA)
- Pediatrics In Review – Publication of AAP. (USA)
- WHO Fellow at Bangkok, Singapore.
- International Trainee in Neonatology, Chicago, USA .
- Participant WHO / ICMR / British workshops.
- Participant IPA / APSEEAR / IAP / WHO workshop.
- Participant Global Task Force of UNICEF / WHO on Child Survival.
- Advanced PALS Course from American Academy of Pediatric, USA
- Participant – Rights of the Child – UN Convention.
- Participant – UNICEF – South Asia High level meet on Children Nepal.
- Participant – UN Special Session on Children as SCM of IPA – NY USA .
- Participant – World Health Assembly as SCM of IPA – Geneva.
- Participant In IAP/ NNF National conferences in India.
- Participant in SAARC / APPA/ ISTP / IPA international conferences.
- Royal college of Pediatric and Child Health (UK).-FRCPCH UK
- World Health Organization – Maternal & Child Health-WHO .
- Indian Medical Association – Academy of Medical Specialties.-FIMAAMS
- International Medical Science Academy.-FIMSA .
- Indian College of Maternal & Child Health (ICMCH).-FICMCH .
- International College of Pediatrics, Adolescent & Family Care (UK).-FICPAFC-UK
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics –FIAP.
- National Neonatology Forum – FNNF.
- Editor- “Accident Prevention in Children” (IAP Publication 1999)
- Editor- “Poisoning in Children” (IAP Publication 1999)
- Editor- “Guide to Preschool Education” (IAP Publication 2000)
- Editor- “IAP & Drug Industry Guidelines” (IAP Publication 2002)
- Co-Editor- “Rational Pediatric Practice” (IAP Publication 1991)
- Co-Editor- “Pediatric for Family Physician” (IAP/IMA/UNICEF 1994)
- Contributor- “Pocket Book of Hospital Cue for Children” (WHO 2013)
- Contributor- “Common Childhood Condition” (WHO 2014)
- Editorial- “Childhood Disability & Early Intervention”(IAP-IP 1994)
- Editorial- “Birth Attendant One or Two” (IAP-IP 2001)
- Editorial Foreword- “Text Book on Pediatric Nutrition” by Dr. S. Gupte. (2007)
- Editorial Foreword- “Pang” by Dr.Shrikant Deshpande. (2014)
- Integrated Child Development Scheme – Govt. of India.
- Indian council for Child welfare – Govt. of India.
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare – Govt. of India.
- Central council of health – Ministry of Health – Govt. of India.
- MUHS – Govt. of Maharashtra- Management council member.
- National president of IAP. (1994)
- President IAP – 8th Asian Congress of Pediatric New Delhi. (1994)
- Executive Director IAP. (1996-98)
- President 5th International Congress of Tropical Pediatrics, Jaipur. (1998)
- Chairman National Task force of Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative. (1994-98)
- Felicitated by Hon. President of India Child Health Project.
- Outstanding Young Person of India award of JCI for Academic leadership.
- Sarathi award towards contribution for the welfare of Children.
- Scroll of honor by ICMCH for developing pediatrics during 5th world congress, India.
- Scroll of honour by NARCHI for Contribution to pediatrics during 5th world congress.
- VikasRatna award of international friendship society of India.
- ChikitsakSammanRatna award of India.
- Mahatma Fule Talent Research Academic Award of India.
- SahyadriSanjivani Award by Ministry of I & B Govt. of India.
- SanskarBhushan award by All India Association of Divyanga.
- Guest Faculty at International Pediatric Update Mumbai. (2004)
- Chairman/Convenor International Critical Care Conference India. (2004)
- Guest Faculty 8th NCPID India. (2005)
- Guest Faculty & Delivered prestigious MAHAPEDICON Oration. (2005)
- Guest Faculty at National IAP Conference, New Delhi. (2006)
- Guest Faculty at WHO/UNICEF IMNCI Workshop, India. (2006)
- Guest Faculty at National IAP Conference Mumbai. (2007)
- Guest Faculty at UNICEF/MUHS workshop, India (2010)
- Guest Faculty at National NNF Conference, Chennai. (2010)
- Guest Faculty at International COMHAD UK Conference, Goa. (2011)
- Guest Faculty at National IAP Conference Gurgaon. (2012)
- Guest oration Dr. P. M. Udani MAHAPEDICON Mumbai. (2012)
- Guest Faculty at National Conference COMHAD, India. (2014)
- Chairman International Conference COMHAD, India. (2015)
- Guest Faculty at National Conference of IAP, India. (2016)
- Honoured by National IAP by nominating for prestigious PEDICON oration. 2018
- Life Time Achievement Award by ICMCH – NARCHI (for Welfare of NB) – 2018
- Life Time Achievement Award by IAP – (for Welfare of Children) – 2018