Dr. Uday Govindrao Bodhankar
MBBS, MCPS, DCH, MD, FIMAAMS, FIMSA, FICMCH, FIAP, FNNF, FRCPCH (UK)
II Floor, Sharhari Building, Opp. Somalwar High School,
Ramdaspeth, Nagpur 440012 M.S, INDIA
Ph : +91 – 0712-2459090 / 2422505
Email: email@example.com, www.comhad.com
Academic ( Pediatric Teaching)
- RMO in Pediatrics – Mumbai – Two years ( Feb. 1978 – March 1980)
- Lecturer in Pediatrics – GMC, Nagpur – Six & half years (7/1981 –1/1988)
- Hon. Associate Prof. Pediatrics – IGMC, Nagpur – Five years (7/1999 –6/2004)
- Hon. Prof. of Pediatrics – IGMC, Nagpur – Five years (June 2004 – June 2009)
- Adjunct Associate prof. pediatrics – Sydney University -seven years( 2010 – 2017)
- Chairman – Indian College of Maternal & Child Health Pediatric( 2000 -2016)
- Nodal officer for RCPCH DCH UK India since 2017 -19
- Honorary professor of IMA -India (2019 – 21)
Editorial Board Member (National & International)
- Indian Pediatrics – Publication of IAP.
- Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics – Publication of IAP.
- National neonatology forum journal – Publication of NNF.
- Pediatrics – American Academy of Pediatrics. (USA)
- Pediatrics In Review – Publication of AAP. (USA)
Professional Experience ( National & International )
- WHO Fellow at Bangkok, Singapore.
- International Trainee in Neonatology, Chicago, USA .
- Participant WHO / ICMR / British workshops.
- Participant IPA / APSEEAR / IAP / WHO workshop.
- Participant Global Task Force of UNICEF / WHO on Child Survival.
- Advanced PALS Course from American Academy of Pediatric, USA
- Participant – Rights of the Child – UN Convention.
- Participant – UNICEF – South Asia High level meet on Children Nepal.
- Participant – UN Special Session on Children as SCM of IPA – NY USA .
- Participant – World Health Assembly as SCM of IPA – Geneva.
- Participant In IAP/ NNF National conferences in India.
- Participant in SAARC / APPA/ ISTP / IPA international conferences.
Prestigious Fellowships ( National & International )
- Royal college of Pediatric and Child Health (UK).-FRCPCH UK
- World Health Organization – Maternal & Child Health-WHO .
- Indian Medical Association – Academy of Medical Specialties.-FIMAAMS
- International Medical Science Academy.-FIMSA .
- Indian College of Maternal & Child Health (ICMCH).-FICMCH .
- International College of Pediatrics, Adolescent & Family Care (UK).-FICPAFC-UK
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics –FIAP.
- National Neonatology Forum – FNNF.
- Editor- “Accident Prevention in Children” (IAP Publication 1999)
- Editor- “Poisoning in Children” (IAP Publication 1999)
- Editor- “Guide to Preschool Education” (IAP Publication 2000)
- Editor- “IAP & Drug Industry Guidelines” (IAP Publication 2002)
- Co-Editor- “Rational Pediatric Practice” (IAP Publication 1991)
- Co-Editor- “Pediatric for Family Physician” (IAP/IMA/UNICEF 1994)
- Contributor- “Pocket Book of Hospital Cue for Children” (WHO 2013)
- Contributor- “Common Childhood Condition” (WHO 2014)
- Editorial- “Childhood Disability & Early Intervention”(IAP-IP 1994)
- Editorial- “Birth Attendant One or Two” (IAP-IP 2001)
- Editorial Foreword- “Text Book on Pediatric Nutrition” by Dr. S. Gupte. (2007)
- Editorial Foreword- “Pang” by Dr.Shrikant Deshpande. (2014)
Ex-Member Advisory Council – Govt. of India
- Integrated Child Development Scheme – Govt. of India.
- Indian council for Child welfare – Govt. of India.
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare – Govt. of India.
- Central council of health – Ministry of Health – Govt. of India.
- MUHS – Govt. of Maharashtra- Management council member.
Prestigious Posts in Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- National president of IAP. (1994)
- President IAP – 8th Asian Congress of Pediatric New Delhi. (1994)
- Executive Director IAP. (1996-98)
- President 5th International Congress of Tropical Pediatrics, Jaipur. (1998)
- Chairman National Task force of Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative. (1994-98)
National Awards & Honours
- Felicitated by Hon. President of India Child Health Project.
- Outstanding Young Person of India award of JCI for Academic leadership.
- Sarathi award towards contribution for the welfare of Children.
- Scroll of honor by ICMCH for developing pediatrics during 5th world congress, India.
- Scroll of honour by NARCHI for Contribution to pediatrics during 5th world congress.
- VikasRatna award of international friendship society of India.
- ChikitsakSammanRatna award of India.
- Mahatma Fule Talent Research Academic Award of India.
- SahyadriSanjivani Award by Ministry of I & B Govt. of India.
- SanskarBhushan award by All India Association of Divyanga.
- Guest Faculty at International Pediatric Update Mumbai. (2004)
- Chairman/Convenor International Critical Care Conference India. (2004)
- Guest Faculty 8th NCPID India. (2005)
- Guest Faculty & Delivered prestigious MAHAPEDICON Oration. (2005)
- Guest Faculty at National IAP Conference, New Delhi. (2006)
- Guest Faculty at WHO/UNICEF IMNCI Workshop, India. (2006)
- Guest Faculty at National IAP Conference Mumbai. (2007)
- Guest Faculty at UNICEF/MUHS workshop, India (2010)
- Guest Faculty at National NNF Conference, Chennai. (2010)
- Guest Faculty at International COMHAD UK Conference, Goa. (2011)
- Guest Faculty at National IAP Conference Gurgaon. (2012)
- Guest oration Dr. P. M. Udani MAHAPEDICON Mumbai. (2012)
- Guest Faculty at National Conference COMHAD, India. (2014)
- Chairman International Conference COMHAD, India. (2015)
- Guest Faculty at National Conference of IAP, India. (2016)
- Honoured by National IAP by nominating for prestigious PEDICON oration. 2018
- Life Time Achievement Award by ICMCH – NARCHI (for Welfare of NB) – 2018
- Life Time Achievement Award by IAP – (for Welfare of Children) – 2018
International Awards & Honours (For Pediatric Welfare Activities)
- Outstanding Young Person Of World Award by JCI International USA(1992)
- Invited as a Citizen Ambassador – University of Florida, USA. ( 1993)
- Invited by Hon’ble Minister of Health, Republic of China. (1994)
- Invited by American Academy of Pediatrics USA. (1995)
- Regional Advisor – Association of Pediatric Societies – SEA. (1996)
- Regional Advisor 9th ACP Hongkong. (1997)
- Scroll of Honor by ISTP during 5th ICTP – India. (1999)
- International Adviser – 10th ACP Taiwan. (2000)
- Member Research Board – American Biographical Institute USA.
- Invited by Hon’ble Minister of Health Bhutan for exchange visit (2001)
- Invited by Common Wealth association, South Africa. (2001).
- Invited by UNICEF for high level South Asia Child meet Nepal. (2002)
- Invited by UNICEF for UN session on Children NY USA. (2002)
- Scroll of honor during 5th ICTP Turkey. (2002)
- Executive Member International Holistic Medical Society USA. (2003)
- Invited by WHO as COMHAD for World Health Assembly Geneva. (2004)
- Guest Faculty at IPA congress in Mexico. (2004)
- Guest Faculty at Pakistan Pediatric Association, Lahore. (2004)
- Key note address in 7th World Congress NARCHI. (2004)
- Invited speaker International Child Health Seminar, Ethiopia. (2005)
- Guest Faculty at ASPR Congress Tokyo Japan. (2006)
- Delivered Oration on Child Health at Syracuse University, USA.
- Guest Faculty at ISTP Congress, Egypt.
- Guest Faculty at 8th ICP Teheran, Iran.
- Guest Faculty at SEA Regional Congress, Sri Lanka
- Guest Faculty at AAPA Congress at Colombo.
- Guest Faculty at 12th APCP Congress Colombo, Sri Lanka (2007)
- Guest Faculty at ASPR Conference, Taipei Taiwan.(2009)
- Honour of invitation by Her Majesty the Queen, Elizabeth, UK (2009)
- Invited by University of Sydney, Australia, as Faculty. (2009)
- Awarded Outstanding Pediatrician of Asia Award China. (2009)
- Invited Guest Faculty at ASPR Congress Taiwan. (2012)
- Dr.Albbert Schweitzer International Award for Child Care. (2012)
- Elected International President COMHAD, Bangladesh. (2013)
- Guest Faculty at International Conference COMHAD, Bangladesh. (2013)
- Org. committee member clinical nursing Conf. Austrelia (2014)
- Advisiry board member- ActaMedica International. (2015)
- Elected International President COMHAD UK. (2016-18)
- Awarded prestigious fellowship of RCPCH (Royal college) UK – 2018
- Global Association of Physicians of India Origin – GAPIO Award for Social Welfare – 18
Innovative Projects Achieved ( For the Welfare of Newborn & Children of India )
- IAP child health care week.
- Kids channel on TV.
- Extended maternity leave benefit for working women.
- Safety of school going children during transport.
- Implementation of infant food act (GOI).
- Pediatrics as a major subject for MBBS.
- Established rapport with American Academy of Pediatrics USA for the promotion of IAP–
- AAP CME programs & for exchange fellowships Established IAP rapport with UN
- agencies like UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA .
- IMNCI PROJECT IN Maharashtra to reduce high IMR NMR.
- Fought for the right of Specially Challenged Community.
Appreciation ( for contribution to Mother Newborn & Child Welfare )
- Maharashtra University Of health sciences.
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
- National Neonatology Forum.
- Indian Medical Association.
- Indian College of Maternal & Child Health.
- National Association for Reproductive and Child Health.
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare India.
- Commonwealth Association for Health & Disability – UK.
- Ministry of Health Bhutan.
- Ministry of Health Republic of China.
- Rotary International.
- Junior Chamber International.
- World Health Organisation.
- GAPIO- Global association of physicians of Indian Origin.